Style Theory is a Fashion-Technology company that is redefining Fashion Consumption. We believe that there is an inefficiency in the way we consume fashion in today's world and are on a mission to provide a smarter solution.
We are currently Southeast Asia's largest and fastest-growing Fashion Rental startup. Our core product is Fashion Rental Subscription using a “Netflix-for-Fashion” model, the first and only of its kind in the region. Today, we are focused on building more products to improve Fashion Consumption and driving these solutions across the region.
Role Overview and Responsibilities
A key role to support the growth of the B2B Consignment business within Style Theory’s Apparel Merchandising team. Responsible for helping to identify, source and create partnership deals with both local and international brands to build a reliable and consistent inventory supply. A role which requires excellent interpersonal/communication, influencing and people skills to build strong business relationships with key accounts.
- Brand Acquisition:
- Responsible for sourcing for new brands to be part of Style Theory’s assortment strategy and expands the product assortment to bring in exciting selection to the platform
- Develop and test sales strategies to optimize for efficient sourcing and conversion of leads.
- Work closely with merchandising team to understand inventory needs so as to be able to identify and target suitable brands.
- Conducts competitor benchmarking to review ranges and identify opportunities.
- Delivers clear analysis to understand customer, pricing and product/ brand positioning to suit Style Theory’s subscribers.
- New Business Development:
- Proactively approaches new business leads to secure sales pitches
- Continually reviews the new biz targeting strategy, confidently suggesting new ideas if needed.
- Confidently work with potential new business partners to allow brands to leverage Style Theory's infrastructure for Brand's growth and expansion in this region.
- Able to fully understand and convey information about Style Theory as a company, objectives, rental and resale business models and strategies.
- Follows up with leads professionally and strategically.
- Account Management:
- Overall client management, providing holistic service from the start-to-end of the consignment journey
- Build relationships with the portfolio of brands to achieve long term partnership gains.
- Manage all official communication to B2B partners, including contracts, ad hoc process changes, Growth content, etc.
- Analyse and track weekly and monthly brand performance and consignor reports to identify opportunities to improve our services
- Promote visibility of assigned brands across both Rental and Resale lanes to support brand performance.
- Works cross functionally with Product Onboarding, Content/Marketing and Operations.
Qualifications and Requirements
- 5+ years of relevant experience in sales, wholesale, account management, or luxury retail sales
- Demonstrates effective sales techniques, communication, interpersonal and negotiations skills ensuring that favourable/profitable commercial terms are secured
- Full professional proficiency in English, the ability to converse fluently in Mandarin and Cantonese will be preferred
- Conducts offline and online competitor benchmarking to assess ranges and identify assortment opportunities and delivers clear analysis to understand customer, pricing and product/ brand positioning
- Excellent time management and work organization skills
- Experience is e-commerce / fashion merchandising would be beneficial
- Creative thinker who likes coming up with new ideas and solutions.
- A strong sales ability matched with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Has a positive can-do attitude and good problem-solving skills
- Good team player with initiative, but also able to work independently
- Willingness to “roll up your sleeves” to support various tasks
- Highly comfortable with change and willing to do things differently
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) especially Microsoft Excel (such as Pivot Table, Vlookup, iferror, etc)