Our mission at Style Theory is to build a sustainable model for fashion consumption. We rely on the latest and best technology to build apps and services to ensure the women of Style Theory an intimate relationship with their “infinite wardrobe”. We are also constantly improving the experience both on the apps and the services through a series of iterations because we constantly listen to the feedback from the women of Style Theory, as well as ideas that we brainstormed to help achieve our mission above. With your help, we can achieve it even faster!
We are looking for an experienced Senior DevOps Engineer to continue to design and hands-on implement our cloud-based micro-service infrastructure. Ideally, they would have experience in
supporting the large scale and highly critical applications. Your tasks will be designing, developing, and improving our next-generation infrastructure. Migrating applications to the new infrastructure with proper architecture design and working closely with the Dev and QA teams, resolve and automate production issues, while also providing rostered on-call support.
- Deploying, automating, maintaining, and managing cloud-based production system to
ensure the availability, performance, scalability, and security of production systems.
(AWS & GCP)
- Build, release, and configuration management of production systems
- System troubleshooting and problem-solving across platform and application domains.
- Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
- Hands on for critical parts of development, testing, deployment, and production
automation and tools to ensure everything is built according to the best practices
- Carry out your on-call duties as part of a critical team handling our cloud
infrastructure performance and availability
- Mentor other engineers, define our technical culture and help build a fast-growing
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Design, operation, and maintenance of robust, large-scale distributed systems
- Experience in Linux Environment.
- Good understanding and practical experience with configuration management (e.g.
Ansible, Chef, and Puppet) and Infrastructure as Code such as Terraform.
- Experience with automation from simple shell/python scripting to more complex
software engineering solutions.
- Strong background in either AWS or GCP is a must.
- Problem-solving ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure issues by using
Monitoring tools (Datadog, Prometheus, Grafana).
- Kubernetes experience is a must!. (EKS, GKE, Openshift)
- Strong experience using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, GitLab CI, etc., or Java based
integration tools such as Groovy. It would be great to know how to implement Jenkins
configuration, CI pipelines via code, etc.
- Experience in on or more of Bash, Go, Python, JS.
- Highly accountable and takes ownership. Outstanding work ethic, high-integrity, team
player, and a lifelong learner
Nice to have
- Experienced with Data Engineering services like Lake Formation, Glue, Athena, Redshift,
Sagemaker, Kineses, Kafka, BigQuery etc.
- Experienced with SQL and NoSQL Databases like DynamoDB, RDS, PostgreSQL,
ElasticSearch, MongoDB, etc.