Style Theory is a Fashion-Technology company that is redefining Fashion Consumption. We believe that there is an inefficiency in the way we consume fashion in today's world and are on a mission to provide a smarter solution.
We are currently Southeast Asia's largest and fastest-growing Fashion Rental startup. Our core product is Fashion Rental Subscription using a “Netflix-for-Fashion” model, the first and only of its kind in the region. Today, we are focused on building more products to improve Fashion Consumption and driving these solutions across the region.
Style Theory always strives to rely on data in its decision-making process. It goes without saying that coherent and high-quality data is one of the priorities within the company. We make lots of informed decisions to move toward that goal, and in doing so we don't believe in our intuitions. We believe in what our data can tell us about the past, the present, and the foreseeable future.
This is where Data Lead plays a very important role. Data Lead - Analytics & Modeler is driving the creation and maintenance of data transformations and usage while ensuring that high-quality data are produced consistently. This position also holds the important key to making sense of our data for our stakeholders, ensuring that decisions being made are scientific, determine which metrics matter, and present them in an understandable way.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Guide and manage a team of data analysts & data modeler
- Lead cross-functional initiatives in a systemic and data-driven fashion to drive business impacts
- Oversee the reports that are generated and distributed by the analytics team. Ensure data quality, coherence, and integrity that support company needs
- Promote proper usage of analytics across the company, including but not limited to data-driven mindset adoption, data ownership, and self-service data analytics
- Oversee and ensure the highest quality of experiments in a statistical and scientific manner
- Maintain and improve internal processes within the data analytics team
- Create and maintain data models and transformations with a deep understanding of business processes
- Collaborate with engineering team in ensuring high-quality database design that supports analytical needs down the stretch
- Drive innovations and standards around data processing and modeling
- Ensure data usability across the company through proper data profiling, documentation, and governance
- Maintain an effective communication channel with engineering and business to ensure timely data change management
Qualifications and Skills
- 5 years of experience working as a data modeler/data warehouse engineer/data analyst
- 2 years of experience in leading team
- Deep understanding of SQL
- Working knowledge of data visualizations and BI usages, preferably in Tableau
- Strong knowledge in Statistics and statistical modeling techniques such as regression, hypothesis testing, A/B test
- Deep understanding of conceptual, logical, and physical data models
- Deep understanding of dimensional design
- Ability to understand business processes and translate them into efficient data representation and models
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and delegation skills
- Experienced in setting up processes and standards around data warehousing
- Experienced in advanced data processing tools, such as but not limited to Spark, Flink, Beam.