Lead, build, inspire and grow the team that changes the way people consume fashion.
As SEA biggest fashion subscription platform, Style Theory empowers women all across the region through an option of a sustainable, green, and smart fashion consumption. Style Theory’s Backend engineer work on building and expanding API and services and working with third-party services to expand our business to more and more regions, and verticals and product lines.
Backend engineers exist within all Squad in Style Theory, and Backend engineers make one of the most impactful decisions for the company’s technology. We are looking for people with a strong interest in building successful products or systems; strong interest in managing people; great attention to detail; and strong interest to grow engineers.
- Build norms and processes to ensure unified, high-quality backend services to improve user experience across all products.
- Recruit great backend engineers in collaboration with our recruitment team.
- Build and act on a vision that improves Backend Style Theory’s backend engineering excellence through continuous learning culture (identify backend engineers lifecycle pain points and improve upon it).
- Work with backend engineers to find out their pain points and how to improve their situations across all teams.
- Manage, grow and develop teams dedicated to improving backend engineering across all product teams.
- Contribute to company-wide engineering initiative as part of the management team.
This is a great opportunity for you if you are a leader who:
- Enjoys making people’s job easier and faster.
- Enjoy boosting other people’s career growth alongside their character development.
You will be a great fit for this role if you:
- Have more than 4 years of experiences doing Backend Services that runs on top of JVM stack, from end to end lifecycle.
- You like to ship infrastructure improvements and tooling that impacts how Backend engineers write codes.
- You are obsessed over the customer and their experiences.
- Strong understanding of SOA; cloud infrastructure.
- Very familiar with Scrum.
Additionally, it would be awesome if you are:
- Proficient in Actor based concurrency model.
- Proficient in Scala, Akka, Lagom and Play! Framework.