Style Theory is a Fashion-Technology company that is redefining Fashion Consumption. We believe that there is an inefficiency in the way we consume fashion today and are on a mission to provide a smarter solution.
Fashion is the 2nd most significant source of pollution globally, and if the fashion consumption model that we have today remains, the world that our next generation inherits will be much worse than what we have today. Our mission as a company is to change this. We are currently Southeast Asia’s largest and fastest-growing Circular Fashion startup. Our core product is Fashion Rental Subscription using a “Netflix-for-Fashion” model, the first and only of its kind in the region. Today, we are focused on building more products to improve Fashion Consumption and driving these solutions across the region.
We are seeking a Product Designer with a hustler’s mentality and tenacity to work through this pandemic era and its challenges. Someone who believes that they can be a part of making the future better than what it is today.
The ideal candidate will have a purposeful design process but always focus on the needs of the customer. You will work with other designers and cross-functional team members and rely heavily on qualitative and quantitative data to make informed decisions.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Set design requirements based on information from internal teams and user research
- Analyze how a new product satisfies market needs and consumer preferences.
- Coordinate with other design team members to ensure design alignment and consistency.
- Modify and revise existing designs to meet changing customer preferences and business goals.
- Work closely with the tech team to ensure a high level of quality delivery across all platforms (web, iOS, Android)
- Document design guidelines, evolve our playbook, and actively participate in how to create the design system.
- Present product design ideas to the cross-functional scrum team and senior leadership
- Stay up to date on current industry trends and market conditions.
Qualifications and Skills
- A strong track record and understanding of visual design (4+ years of experience in the field, preferably experienced in building design systems)
- Self-starter, someone who takes the initiative, can work without supervision, and conduct projects independently
- Excellent attention to detail
- A portfolio demonstrating your work
- Proven experience in all phases of the design process, including user research, copywriting, wireframing, prototyping, visual design, interaction design, and usability testing: You should be able to produce quality visual designs (We currently use Sketch and Abstract)
- Great technical understanding of how to build systems, UI patterns and work smarter around technical limitations
- Experience designing for web, Android, and IOS
- Experience in writing simple and clear design documentation for multiple audiences (designers, developers, product owners, and other stakeholders)
- Good in articulating and explaining your ideas to other designers, engineers, product managers, and other stakeholders
- Ability to collect and interpret both qualitative and quantitative feedback